Prior to 2005, I was suffering from crippling, painful osteoarthritis. I could predict rain was coming 3 days in advance. Winters were horrendous and I could barely get out of bed or walk. I would sleep with heating pads and wrap my legs up with three or four layers of leggings to stay warm. Refusing to have surgery and take the recommended non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), I researched for natural, healthy pain relief. I found Turmeric and I am pain free today! ~Marion
Laboratory tests have found that turmeric is antioxidant and antimutagenic, as it potentially helps prevent new cancers that are caused by chemotherapy or radiation used to treat existing cancers. Turmeric in the diet may prevent pain from arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis. A volatile oil in the spice is as
effective in relieving pain, under laboratory conditions, as equal amounts of steroids. http://www.nutritionalwellness.com/archives/2006/nov/11_heller.php
CAUTION: The only side effects found with Turmeric is it can cause constipation, sweating and even diarrhea if too much is taken. Limit dosage to 1/2 teaspoon per day.
1/2 teaspoon in 4 oz of water. Drink.
I prefer to add 1/2 tsp. of Turmeric to hot cereal. Just add to the water before boiling and cooking. It also tastes great in soups, vegetable, egg and meat dishes. Feel free to experiment.
Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural ANTISEPTIC and ANTIBACTERIAL agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has been shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural LIVER DETOXIFIER.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of ALZHEIMERS disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of CANCER.
9. It is a potent natural ANTI-INFLAMMATORY that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS in mice.
11. Is a natural PAINKILLER and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for DEPRESSION.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for ARTHRITIS and RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug Paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on PANCREATIC CANCER.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on MULTIPLE MYELOMA.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in TUMORS.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of PSORIASIS and other INFLAMMATORY SKIN CONDITIONS.
Where to buy Turmeric?
Buy Turmeric from a health food store or Indian store (India). Because I use it daily, I buy it in bulk from here: http://amzn.to/HStxFR
Maybe you have a relative or friend who suffers from inflammation due to arthritis or other joint conditions. Do them a favor and get them started on Turmeric. They will be so grateful.
Natural Cancer-Fighting Spice Reduces Tumors by 81%
Disclaimer: As with any alternative treatments, work with your doctor. Know that alternative remedies may not work if the person’s condition is too far gone.
Filed under: Health, Health remedies Tagged: | acne, AIDS, allergies, alzheimers, anemia, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, arteries, arthritis, asthma, atherosclerosis, bacteria, bad breath, blood purifier, boils, breast cander, bursitis, cancer, carpal tunnel, chemotherapy, cholesterol, cigarettes, colds, curcumin, dental, Depression, diabetes, digestion, eczema, environmental, free radicals, gallstones, gingivitis, gum disease, heart, HIV infection, IBD, infection, inflammation, inflammatory bowel, joints, kidney, leukemia, measles, menopause, migraine, mood, multiple sclerosis, muscle control, mutagenic, myeloma, NSAID, osteoarthritis, pain, pancreatic cancer, psoriasis, radiation, rheumatism, sciatica, seizure, sinusitis, spider bite, sprains, steroids, tendonitis, toxins, tumors, turmeric, weight loss